His Hour Had Come by polutropos

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Scribbles and Drabbles 2022, inspired by art by Torpi.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Saeros' daughter reflects on the life and actions of her father.

Major Characters: Original Female Character(s), Saeros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: In-Universe Racism/Ethnocentrism, Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 348
Posted on 26 November 2022 Updated on 24 June 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

The Narn i chîn Húrin explains that Saeros was a Nando (Green-elf) and son of Ithilbor, chief of the Guest-elves. The Guest-elves were Nandor who lived in the forest Arthórien in the southeast corner of Doriath, granted to them by Thingol after the First Battle of Beleriand and the death of Denethor, their leader, on Amon Ereb.

Lechind = Flame-eyes, Sindarin name for the Noldor. (I've let the Nandor use it also).
Belegurth = an altered form of Sindarin Belegûr (= Quenya Melkor) meaning 'Great Death'. I wanted something unique for the Nandor to use but couldn't be bothered to come up with my own name.
Loegeth is a combination of Nandorin loeg ('pool') and the Sindarin name ending -eth.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.