If You Are the Healer by polutropos

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for a prompt for silmkinkmeme: Maedhros/Maglor, king/vassal dynamic.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maedhros' decision to cede his claim to the High Kingship drives a rift between him and the brother who held the crown for him through his captivity. Through their reconciliation, Maedhros grapples with shame over the feelings that Maglor's devotion awakens in him, before he at last accepts the balm for loss and failure that Maglor offers.

Major Characters: Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships: Maedhros/Maglor

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Slash

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Incest, Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Graphic), Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 4, 671
Posted on 21 February 2023 Updated on 25 June 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

“For Maedhros begged forgiveness for the desertion in Araman; and he waived his claim to kingship over all the Noldor, saying to Fingolfin: ‘If there lay no grievance between us, lord, still the kingship would rightly come to you, the eldest here of the house of Finwë, and not the least wise.’ But to this his brothers did not all in their hearts agree.”
The Silmarillion, Of the Return of the Noldor


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.