Mightiest of the Children by polutropos

Fanwork Information

Summary:

At the End of the World, reconciliation and renewal.

Major Characters: Fëanor, Manwë

Major Relationships: Fëanor & Manwë

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Ficlet, General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 423
Posted on 9 March 2023 Updated on 26 June 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

"And [the Valar] mourned not more for the death of the Trees than for the marring of Fëanor: of the works of Melkor one of the most evil. [...] And it was told by the Vanyar who held vigil with the Valar that when the messengers declared to Manwë the answers of Fëanor to his heralds, Manwë wept and bowed his head."
The Silmarillion, 'Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of Valinor'.

"Thereafter shall Earth be broken and re-made, and the Silmarils shall be recovered out of Air and Earth and Sea; for Eärendel shall descend and surrender that flame which he hath had in keeping. Then Fëanor shall take the Three Jewels and bear them to Yavanna Palúrien; and she will break them and with their fire rekindle the Two Trees, and a great light shall come forth. And the Mountains of Valinor shall be levelled, so that the Light shall go out over all the world."
The History of Middle-earth Vol. 5: The Lost Road, 'Quenta Silmarillion Conclusion', section 32


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.