Among the reeds by Adlanth

Fanwork Information

Summary:

‘And that is the device of the house of Bëor,’ Elwing adds. ‘My house.’
‘Mine too,’ Tuor says. ‘In part.’

-

Tuor, a young Elwing, and the remnants of the Edain in the havens of Sirion.

Major Characters: Elwing, Tuor

Major Relationships: Elwing & Tuor

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Character Death

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 6, 328
Posted on 10 July 2023 Updated on 10 July 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Adlanth has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Conflict, Description/Imagery, Fulfilled Intent, Mood/Tone, Organization/Structure, Pacing, Plot, Point of View, Research, Sensitivity Read, Setting, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style, Worldbuilding. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


This is marvelous. What a wonderful portrait of Tuor, so wistful and so driven and so loved. And Elwing, longing to be something defined, which she is not. The connection between them, and their people, and their histories, which make and remake them in the telling. Stories and songs and memory. "The Eldar may make jewels of light undying, undimming; but the Edain pass candles from hand to hand, while the wind blows."  Lovely, lovely, lovely.

....of Tuor and life at Sirion. Gileth, an elder of the House of Bëor, tells Tuor, Elwing and Eärendil the tales of her life. She is a fantastic character. I felt your descriptions, imagery and characterisations were great, and I very much enjoyed reading this piece.