A Light To You In Dark Places by cuarthol

| | |

Fanwork Notes

In the Athrabeth, Finrod tells Andreth:
"He is a warrior, Andreth, and a spirit of wrath. In every stroke that he deals he sees the Enemy who long ago did thee this hurt."

I take this to mean Andreth had told Aegnor previously at least something of her belief that Morgoth stole their immortality. Otherwise it would make no sense for Finrod to say that Aegnor fights with such a thing in mind.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Andreth opens up to Aegnor, sharing something of her people and their past.

Major Characters: Aegnor, Andreth

Major Relationships: Aegnor/Andreth

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 235
Posted on 9 October 2023 Updated on 9 October 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I love the ideas of the jack-o-lanterns mirroring the rage and brightness of Aegnor's face. Having the lanterns be the inspiration for their discussion of the history of men is inspired, and such a rich metaphor too -- the gourds, once filled with life, are yet severed from the vine and rot even though light fills them.

I wonder if Aegnor went to fight, looked up one day and realized it had been a good 30 years, but not really much in the span of his life. "Oops," he said, and then kept fighting.

Lovely fic.