Anne Wolfe Scribbles and Drabbles Artwork 2023 by Anne Wolfe

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Six art pieces for Scribbles and Drabbles 2023.

1. Shire Playing Cards
2. Northern Lights
3. Neon Sunset
4. Himling Isle on a Starless Night
5. Bird on the Water
6. Amras and Amrod in the Parent Trap

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Genre:

Type:

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Posted on 4 November 2023 Updated on 4 November 2023

Shire Playing Cards

A set of speculative playing cards, produced in the Shire.

Six playing card designs. Clockwise, from top left: a red pig, an orange cake, a yellow flower, a green pig, a blue flower, and a purple cake.

Northern Lights

An experimental digital painting of the northern lights.

A digital painting of the northern lights above a barren field of ice.

Neon Sunset

In the spirit of scribbles, a quick digitally drawn sunset in a neon color palette.

An image of a sunset, in neon pink, orange, and yellow, surrounded by scenery, clouds, and cattails in brown, neon green, and neon blue.

Himling Isle on a Starless Night

This was the first art piece I created for this year's event. I enjoy working with bold shapes and challenging myself to make an art piece that makes sense without lines, and this year I wanted to apply what I've learned in previous years to a darker set of colors. (And, of course, I thought this would be a cool setting for a story!)

Himling Isle, a gray mountainous island with a red-brown fort protruding from its right side. Behind the isle is a deep blue, starless sky. In front of the isle, a small ship sails on a deep aqua sea.

Bird on the Water

A bird drawn in digital pencil.

A white bird swimming near a shoreline covered in green trees. The sky and water are pale blue. The whole artwork is enclosed in a black circle.

Amras and Amrod in the Parent Trap

This may be my most out-there idea from this year, but personally I think it makes a lot of sense; the first half of the Parent Trap scenario almost happened in Silmarillion canon, after all! I decided to throw the idea out in the open in hopes that someone could be inspired by it.

An image of Amrod and Amras, two identical twins. The twin on the left has short orange hair tied in a high ponytail, and wears a brown tunic. The twin on the right has long hair in a thick braid, and wears a red shirt, a black jacket, and black earrings. They each hold one half of a wedding picture of Feanor and Nerdanel that had previously been ripped in half. The twin on the left holds the side picturing Feanor, and the twin on the right holds the side picturing Nerdanel.

Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear that the bold lines work for you - I really enjoy challenging my shape-language abilities with these artworks.

Concerning The Parent Trap, I've personally watched the 60s and 90s versions of the movie, but haven't read the book - I'll have to see whether my library can get it!