Your Face in the Water by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

A  gapfiller in my Fingon/Maedhros series, although it may be possible to read as a stand-alone.

Fingon's point of view (they are not together yet).

No warnings as such (because nothing happens: see summary!), but some hints at background tensions.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

At the Mereth Aderthad, the Feast of Reunion, plenty is always going on: so many people, so many encounters and interactions, tensions and forging of friendships .

That night, in this moment, in this little corner of Mereth Aderthad, nothing happens. Almost nothing. But it fails to happen with some intensity.

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 104
Posted on 25 December 2023 Updated on 25 December 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

For Quenya name help see end notes.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


That is certainly the fullest nothing happens I've ever read! The build-up, the setting, the mood at the pool — partly with the party but not at all, really — and that look!

I've just been transported back to the whole wonderful feeling I had when I immersed myself in your series and read cover to cover, so to speak. It was the first I'd read of them shiped, and it's still my favourite version of their relationship.

Lovely! Thank you!

I'm so very pleased that you like it! It is really good to hear that this piece works for you both as itself and as part of the series!

I had been a while since I last wrote these two, although they are always close to my heart.

....even while no feelings are being openly expressed. Findekáno and Maitimo are balancing on a knife point, knowing that the other is there, yearning I think for each other. But the situation they are in precludes actual contact. Heartbreaking. 💔

Thank you very much, wisteria! They are yearning for each other in slightly different ways: Maitimo knowing all that he yearns for, but believing that he cannot have it, Findekano with less understanding of what it is that he wants and more  anxiety about the Maitimo's state of mind, because of what they went through after the rescue, before their separation. I am glad that the strength of the feeling comes through!