L'appel du vivre by Angamaite

| | |

Fanwork Notes

The Hunt's constant interaction with death and mortality among creatures that, while not necessarily sentient in the same way as incarnates and Ainur are, possess minds and awareness and the ability to communicate, is something of a rarity in Aman, a land in which the newer generations predominantly only know death as history or something that doesn't happen to people they know anymore, a mythological threat; intersecting with the specter of Míriel's absence over Fëanor's line, I consider it a not-insignificant aspect in the formation of Celegorm's later canon personality and proclivity towards violence.
But they don't really talk about that, not so explicitly.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Celegorm, Curufin, a balcony of Finwë's royal residence, oblique discussions of death before death became more than an abstraction. And a little bit of parkour.

Major Characters: Celegorm, Curufin

Major Relationships: Celegorm & Curufin

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Family

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 393
Posted on 28 January 2024 Updated on 28 January 2024

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Angamaite has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Fulfilled Intent, Mood/Tone, Point of View, Setting, Style. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.