Follow Me Home by Robinka

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Originally posted as part of the Silmarillion40 event.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Beleg meets his doom.

Major Characters: Beleg

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 720
Posted on 11 October 2017 Updated on 11 October 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I'll agree with Oshun 100%. What I loved about this story from the first time I read it as a draft to when I read it for the n-th time when you sent in the final version is the setting: the sense of hush, of foreboding, the proverbial calm before the storm as Beleg navigates the snowbound environment. (Which I know well! That quiet, snowy calm before all hell breaks lose and you wake up to a meter of snow outside your door! :) This entwines and works so well with the meaning of the story itself, in addition to being more than a little Tolkienesque. Beautifully done!

Oh I can feel the winter chill of the forest in this one! And the harshness of the season afflicts even the elves - of course it does. But Beleg has his priorities in order. :D (also makes a pretty picture in my mind's eye running through the forest with his cape flowing behind him)