Endorenna by Lyra

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Counterpart to "Elenna."

Originally posted as part of the Silmarillion40 event.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

"But when the devouring wave rolled over the land and Númenor toppled to its fall, then [Elendil] would have been overwhelmed and would have deemed it the lesser grief to perish, for no wrench of death could be more bitter than the loss and agony of that day; but the great wind took him, wilder than any wind that Men had known, roaring from the west, and it swept his ships far away; and it rent their sails and snapped their masts, hunting the unhappy men like straws upon the water." (Artwork)

Major Characters: Númenóreans

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges:

Rating: Creator Chooses Not to Rate

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 541
Posted on 21 October 2017 Updated on 21 October 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh, I really like this one. It is well-worth having my blind-lady's giant monitor and clicking on the super-size to see the amazing textures and the details. I like the darkness and the exploding volcano effect. The standard big-blue-wave ones really do not have the same impact at all. Secondarily, I love the black and white border!

Aww, thank you so much! It's such an iconic scene that I wasn't certain I had anything to add to it, but I'm glad that exploding Meneltarma has the desired effect! It's easy to forget (I rambled about this when I drew Tar-Míriel for B2MeM already) that not only was the wave coming in from the sea, but also was the Holy Mountain erupting, so it was quite literally a question of hell or high water for those who even had a chance to consider running. The border is stolen from Tolkien's own Númenorean carpet designs, and I love it very much, too! Again, thank you!

Wow! That is amazing! What I love in particular is that where chaos is everything is red and black, when the various shades of blue and grey seem still, and yet there is this disastrous energy bubbling just under the surface.

Lovely, beautiful work!

Eeee! The details on the ships drove me batty because they're so tiny, and not having the brushstrokes for the sea look unnaturally interrupted by tiny stuff like the ropes or oars or broken masts was a massive pain! So I'm glad that that it was worth the effort and the idea that the ships are helpless and just propelled along by the elements gets across. Thank you! :)