Touching Tomorrow by Keiliss

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for My Slashy Valentine 201 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Memory can be a complex puzzle for the reborn, but Glorfindel finds the pieces of his past that matter most.

Sequel to Another Future

 

Major Characters: Erestor, Glorfindel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 933
Posted on 28 February 2018 Updated on 28 February 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Okay, so I haven't been on this site in a while, and I'm trying to catch up on what I missed. I had reviewed your story, "Another Future," and had expressed the desire it kindled to see the Third Age meeting of these two in that continuity. Am I correct in assessing that this story is in fact that very thing? You seemed to reference "Another Future" here.

If so, I cannot tell you how appreciative I am that you wrote this. If not, it's still a wonderful addition to your collection of work with these two.

 

This was indeed the sequel to Another Future.  I spent a very long time threatening to write it and each time I convinced myself it would need to be long, complicated, and would have to speak with the same voice. Then I had a prompt for a challenge fic which I couldn't make work and finally gave in and started writing something that became - this.  It literally flowed out as though I'd known the story all the time. I had to make it stand alone as the recipient hadn't read AF, but it's still very much the second part. Also it's short and doesn't involve any Gondolin politics, which surprised me but is absolutely right. I am so glad you liked it -- I went back and reread your comment on AF, and it means a great deal to me that someone who enjoyed that feels this is a fitting ending (or beginning).

It literally took years for me to write this. I had a very long, involved idea for a sequel and never quite had the courage to take it on, then had a prompt that made me thing of it and I realised it did not need to be multi chaptered and complex after all. I'm happy you liked it, and thank you for reading. Sorry for the slow response -- it's a very strange December, lol.