Middle-earth is Our Earth by Independence1776

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For ease of reading, I’ve split up the material into two chapters. The first one deals with Letters and the main books (LotR, the Hobbit, and the Silmarillion). The second chapter deals with the usually complicated and sometimes straightforward material from the History of Middle-earth series.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A collection of quotes dealing with the fact that Tolkien explicitly set Middle-earth in our world from the very beginning of his Legendarium.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Nonfiction/Meta

Challenges: Analysing Arda

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 7, 408
Posted on 6 July 2018 Updated on 6 July 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


What a brilliant collection! I especially appreciate that you didn't just stick to the meta-commentary available in the letters and HoME, but went for the internal allusions published in LotR etc. as well. This is bound to be useful both when this particular question pops up again, and in other contexts where questions of world-building, geography or astronomy are concerned. Thank you so much for this!