Mercy by Independence1776

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Olwë sentences Maglor.

Major Characters: Maglor, Olwë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 298
Posted on 23 June 2019 Updated on 23 June 2019

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Are the black squares marking the households that have lost people in the kinslaying?

I was struck by that bit about the water gardens, the near-paradox whether they are the same or not.

It seems an irresolvable impasse has been reached. But at least Maglor is not kept in complete isolation and has been given basic necessities.

 

(Sorry: I deleted my first comment, because I had not realized that this was the last of the series.)

I was surprised by Olwe's judgement, but I see the wisdom in it! I'm glad Maglor will be permitted to see at least some visitors - and that he will be able to garden. (Gardening is such a good activity for sorting one's thoughts and figuring things out. I'm sure Maglor will be able to make his apology whole-heartedly... eventually!)

This was a really fascinating AU, and I'm sort of sad to see it end. Thank you for letting us join in the experiment!