The First time Ever I Saw Your Face by Keiliss

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the 2018 Tolkien Reverse Bang. 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

After his village is attacked and his family destroyed, half-Avarin Erestor has to start a new life in Imladris. He and Glorfindel, both outsiders of sorts, are drawn together through shared grief and survived disaster. Some angst, much sweetness in the looming shadow of war with Angmar.

Major Characters: Erestor, Glorfindel

Major Relationships: Erestor/Glorfindel

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Romance

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 11, 357
Posted on 28 August 2019 Updated on 6 April 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


It's such a lovely story. I was sure that I had already written you a comment on this story, but I cannot seem to find it or remember what I already wrote. Maybe I wrote it and did not post it. Anyway, and now I am in a rush. Have to finish dinner and do not want to wait to tell you that I read it and how much I like. The setting and the ambiance are both lovely. Their getting to know one another feels authentic and sweet. Sich a satisfying and moving story! 

That's a really lovely comment, Oshun. Thank you so much! My life is filled with fics I read, liked and didn't have time to comment on, so this is familiar territory *g*. I am happy you liked it though.

This was written for one of those 'write a story to illustrate a piece of art' things and the artist only remembered to share a few essential details less than ten days before the due date. It meant I had to write a completely different fic to the one I'd been fighting with, but that ended well because the other idea was pretty generic tbh, while I had to stretch myself a bit here and that's the thing I like most about exchanges. And somehow Erestor always ends up being my Erestor. I'm always a little surprised by that, lol.