Silent words by Rhapsody

| | |

Fanwork Notes

“Somewhere we know that without silence words lose their meaning, that without listening speaking no longer heals, that without distance closeness cannot cure.”
Henri J.M. Nouwen

Fanwork Information

Summary:

During the retreat from the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, the two famous elves from Doriath come to a decision.

A tripple drabble for Robinka, my dear and loyal friend for so many years. And just because I can, with love.

Major Characters: Beleg, Mablung

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: Gift of a Story

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 300
Posted on 17 April 2020 Updated on 17 April 2020

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


These are the most poignant 300 words in my life.

In these circumstances we've been going through, and you have been through especially, I am just speechless... And yet those two of Doriath are just knocking at my door right now, you know.

THANK YOU! TAKE CARE!

Oh Rhapsy, I have such a storm of emotions in my heart, reading this. First is just the overwhelming joy of reading new writing by you again. I did not know if I would, when you took your hiatus. I feared this even more, with your diagnosis.

Then there is the pain that I don't want to put into a comment but think you know, of this particular theme, at this particular time (speaking personally, not of the worldwide plague).

But let the joy win! Tears, away! This was a beautiful piece: so poignant and bittersweet. I love the line

'Aye. Their last stand failed; we must see to our own realm now.’ He spoke as he clutched Mablung’s hand to stand.  ‘As ever we stand strong, together.’

This really sums it up, doesn't it? And yet there is no ray of sunshine breaking through the clouds, and they know their road is hard.

Yet they take it.

Beautiful. Thank you. <3