The Walls on Amon Ereb by Himring

Fanwork Information

Summary:

After the Fall of Doriath, the surviving sons of Feanor retreat to Amon Ereb. Maedhros is haunted by memories of Caranthir and a promise he made to Nerdanel. Amrod persuades him to leave.

Tweaks to canon (compare end-notes).

Although the death of Caranthir and the battle of Menegroth precede the events described in the story, they are remembered in some detail and so have been marked in the Warnings.

Major Characters: Amrod, Caranthir, Maedhros, Nerdanel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes, Violence (Moderate)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 197
Posted on 6 June 2010 Updated on 6 June 2010

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

 

In this series, Caranthir is conceived of as telepathically and empathically gifted. This idea was originally added to fanon by Dawn Felagund in Another Man's Cage, I believe.

Also, although only Amrod appears in the story, Amras is conceived of as being still alive (rather than burned with the ships at Losgar).

(Names: Ambarussa=Amrod and Amras; Carnistir=Caranthir; Feanaro=Feanor; Macalaure=Maglor; Maitimo, Nelyo=Maedhros; Pityo=Amrod; also Amil=Nerdanel; Atar=Feanor.)

 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.