Pyrrhic Wedding: Loss All Around by Himring

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The future of her ladies-in-waiting becomes a counter in the marital conflict between Tar-Ancalime and her estranged husband Hallacar. Hallacar shames Tar-Ancalime into permitting them to marry. We are allowed to assume that they all were unreservedly grateful for this opportunity. But were they?

Now added: A second chapter from Ancalime's POV for the International  Day of Femslash: Loss All Around

Major Characters: Original Character(s), Tar-Ancalimë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, General

Challenges: Akallabêth in August, Fifth Birthday Celebration, International Day of Femslash

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 731
Posted on 12 August 2010 Updated on 19 July 2014

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

A lady-in-waiting and her newly wedded husband speaking

Ancalime's POV

For the International Day of Femslash--but I hesitate to label this even as "mild sexual content"


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is one of the fics that's making my heart hurt - Ancalimë has such a tragic story already, and to know that there is an additional component of unrequited love is painful. Don't get me wrong, I love this, and also love your choice to show the POVs of both sides - but painful. Which is very much intended as a compliment, since you are (also) steering well clear of the sort of melodrama that might have made the whole thing feel less genuine.

Thank you very much, Elleth! I'm glad it feels genuine and that the different POVs work for you!

There were four years between the writing of the first chapter and the second and, although I didn't feel satisfied, it never occurred to me to write Ancalime's POV until suddenly...