A Crash Course in History by Himring

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maedhros reads The Lord of the Rings (the Imladris edition).

In honour of Oshun, Biographer-in-Chief, on the occasion of her birthday.

Fingon/Maedhros.

Now a MEFA 2011 nominee. Thank you very much, Angelica!

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Gift of a Story

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 264
Posted on 9 April 2011 Updated on 9 April 2011

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I'm  very glad you liked it!

Catching up with the history of the Third Age is not quite as emotionally hazardous as a trip to the ruins of Formenos, but I'm sure Fingon would want to look after the process anyway!

(And I very much doubt whether anybody who reads this is not already going to be a fan of your bios--they will all know where to find them, but as you'd mentioned you'd heard from people who hadn't a clue where to look on the site, I thought I'd do my bit.)

I always like stories where First Age characters learn about the events of LotR :D

Your Fingon is so sweet! Do you tire of hearing me say that in every review? :P I love how well he knew Maedhros and how he prepared for the time he'd be released from Mandos, even if he wasn't sure when or if it'd happen.

Fingon may not know about hobbits, but Elrond sure does ;)

You can tell me that you like my Fingon as often as you like--I promise to be pleased as Punch every time!

I haven't actually made up my mind whether Fingon was re-embodied in time to meet Frodo and Bilbo (or Sam). But of course Elrond could tell Maedhros all about them, yes!

Dawn already made him pretty bookish in her Felak'verse: according to her, he did a lot of the theoretical research for Feanor's projects and has written a book classifying Valinorean flowers. But I guess it was I who turned him to a real geek! Why not--we can use an elven patron, can't we?

Thank you very much for reading and commenting!