The Wisdom of Isildur by Marnie

Fanwork Information

Summary:

After Gil-Galad's death, Elrond and Celeborn talk power, allegiances and rings.

Major Characters: Celeborn, Elrond

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 151
Posted on 31 July 2011 Updated on 31 July 2011

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I love the way you write Celeborn! He definitely lives up to his title of "Wise," and I like how Elrond seems young next to him. The line about his relationship with Oropher was great; it makes me want to know more about the two of them.

I love all the descriptions, too. They really get across a lot of different moods throughout the story. Especially in the first part, when Elrond is barely holding it together.

Celeborn's anger over Oropher and Amdir not even rating a mention was great to read, and tragic. 

"In truth it was easier to quarrel than to speak calmly; it held the tears off more straitly."

That line was heart-wrenching. And Celeborn's description of what keeping the ring was like was chilling and fascinating. His breakdown of Elrond's right to the kingship was equally interesting.

Great story!