The House that Fingon Built by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

(Note on names: Arafinwe=Finarfin, Feanaro=Feanor, Findarato=Finrod, Findekano=Fingon, Makalaure=Maglor, Nelyafinwe Maitimo=Maedhros, Turukano=Turgon)

Maedhros is, of course, dead, that is, in Mandos  througout this story. For reasons that will become evident, he is included in the character list anyway.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Some time about the end of the Fourth Age, Fingon leaves Mandos, returns to Tirion and learns of the Second and Third Kinslayings and Maedhros's suicide. He finds a way of dealing with it.

Includes flashbacks to Fingon's youth in Valinor and touches on his thoughts about the end of the Nirnaeth.

Fingon/Maedhros.

Sexual content: hardly any. Warnings for references to cow pastures, puff pastry and the perfect tea pot. For the rest, see summary.

Major Characters: Fingon, Finrod Felagund, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General, Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges: Parting's Sorrow

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Mild)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 5 Word Count: 5, 154
Posted on 23 August 2011 Updated on 23 August 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Fourth Age

Years of the Trees

Fourth Age

Years of the Trees

Fourth Age


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you! (I guess I earned my Box of Tissues award once again with this piece, didn't I?)

I was thinking of you as I wrote the part about the young coppersmith and the hair clasp, actually. There isn't much detail about its workmanship, but I was hoping you would like it nevertheless!

You're right; sadly, that scene is never quite going to happen as Fingon envisaged it. But as Maitimo recovers, the evidence that Findekano really wants him in his life and did so all along is going to be all around him. I think it is Maitimo who is going to bring up the subject eventually and tell Fingon that he is aware of it...

Thank you very much for reading and commenting!

I just reread your whole Maedhros- FiI found I had stopped weeping at the sight of butterflies.

 

gon cycle at archieve of our own, not, because I mislike this side, but because it's easier to make sure, you didn't left out a single piece: every story, you forgot, will be left in red letters, 

 

 

 

f you stay logged in...

 

For some of your stuff it is the third, fourth or more time, I read it.

 

And I made up my mind eventuall, yes, this story and the West Wind Quartet are my favourites, though it is hard to judge, because most of your stuff is excellent.

 

Tolkien was great in inventing languages, archieving great amounts of history and heritages, annals and heroic adventures, but writers like you make his creatures being living and breathing persons,  you somehow seem to know intimly.

 

And now this jewel!

 

It is really art, in the sence of Michelangelo,  painting every single detail, and I don't want to be flattering, I really feel so! Every sentence seem to be well composed and considered to every shade of it's implication on the reader. 

When you wrote this little sentence...

 

...

 

 

I found I had stopped weeping at the sight of butterflies.

 

How much emotion, which development you expressed with this few words...

 

And then the subtle hint,  Fingon just has to show Finrod some more rooms to make absolutely clear, whom it is, he had built this house for.

 

Great!

 

Sorry, I have to find another way posting this comments, if I want to put copied quotes in it, it won't work properly.

 

I could write a review, longer than the original,  and would'nt be ready with all those subtle hints, all those mighty impressions behind some simple sentences.

 

Maybe I will do it, if you don't mind...

 

Till then

 

Lia/Sullhach