Peace-Breakers by wind rider

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Title: Peace-Breakers
Author: Eärillë

 

Number: O68
Challenges:
1. Emotions: Apprehention
2. Geography of The Silmarillion: Avalonnë
3. Smells: Pipeweed
4. Textures: Fuzzy
5. Weather: Humid

 

Summary:What did the inhabitants of Tol Eressëa think of the impending arrival of a ship they were excited and fearful about in equal measures? Had Elves forgotten about mortals they had fought together in the War of Wrath? Had they forgiven those mortals who boldly attempted to claim Aman for themselves just because of selfish greed?

 

 

Rating: G
Warnings: first draft

 

Characters: OFC, OMC
Genres: Family, Friendship
Place: Tol Eressëa: Avalonnë
Timeline: Beginning of Fourth Age
Word Count (in MS Word): 883

 

Notes:
The little Elflings in this story are eight year old, roughly comparable to human children aged 4 to 4.5 years. Given the safety of the surroundings and the lack of threats imposed by wars (especially long wars), the Elves in the Lonely Isle would be more willing to reproduce, unlike their counterparts in Middle-earth. Also, they might not have the inhibition of showing off their offspring to strangers given the aforesaid reasons. (That would also explain why there were no Elfling mentioned in The Lord of the Rings save the small reference to Merry and Pippin in Fangorn Forest, which indirectly lamented the absence of Elf-children in the Third Age.)
This piece is intended to be the first part of a small collection featuring the same event, told in different point of views. If chance allows, the author might use prompts of the next days in B2MeM month to fill in the next parts; or, barring that, she will try to finish it when the month is over. And seeing that this particular piece is told from the point of view of small sheltered children, the prompts used to build it are not clearly visible especially regarding foreign items/people such as curly-haired/bearded persons and pipeweed.

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

What did the inhabitants of Tol Eressëa think of the impending arrival of a ship they were excited and fearful about in equal measures? Had Elves forgotten about mortals they had fought together in the War of Wrath? Had they forgiven those mortals who boldly attempted to claim Aman for themselves just because of selfish greed?

 

Major Characters: Gandalf, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: B2MeM 2012

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 897
Posted on 19 March 2012 Updated on 19 March 2012

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.