The Greatest of All by wind rider

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Title: The Greatest of All
Author: Eärillë

 

Number: N31
Challenge: Waters: Clouds

 

Summary: ”People always talk about the Powers they have met here, greater or lesser. I don’t think they will call my friend great though, just because his particular affinity and his less-than-perfect look. But he is, to me.” – Fire attracts fire, and water attracts water, but one day an insubstancial bit of water actually saved somebody from a raging fire.

 

Rating: G
Warnings: first draft

 

Characters: OC’s
Genres: Fixed-length Ficlet, Friendship, Horror
Place 1: Tirion: outside of
Place 2: Alqualondë
Timeline 1: Year of Trees: Noontide of Valinor
Timeline 2: Kinslaying at Alqualondë
Word Count (in MS Word): 500

 

Notes:
The ficlet is divided into three parts, each set in slightly different times. The first part is set in a square located just outside Tirion (the author’s own creation), where Elves from the three Kindreds and sometimes even some Maiar venture to trade and socialise. (Due to the limited length in the requirements, the author sadly cannot describe it in the story.) But as a whole, the story is told from the (first person) point of view of a Teler girl of probably a young teen in our standard.
Valar and Maiar congregate and walk freely in Valinor, so the author assumed that the Elves living there have much interaction with them, hence the following (*cough*) discourse between a few children from different Kindreds.

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

”People always talk about the Powers they have met here, greater or lesser. I don’t think they will call my friend great though, just because his particular affinity and his less-than-perfect look. But he is, to me.” – Fire attracts fire, and water attracts water, but one day an insubstancial bit of water actually saved somebody from a raging fire.

 

Major Characters: Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: B2MeM 2012

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 529
Posted on 19 March 2012 Updated on 19 March 2012

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.