50 Prompts: AU Silmarillion by Urloth

Fanwork Information

Summary:

50 Prompts resulting in 50 AU Silmarillion based or related drabbles or ficlets.

Major Characters: Beren, Caranthir, Celegorm, Curufin, Dior, Draugluin, Elu Thingol, Elwing, Eärendil, Eöl, Fëanor, Finarfin, Findis, Fingolfin, Fingon, Finrod Felagund, Finwë, Glorfindel, Haleth, Indis, Legolas Greenleaf, Lúthien Tinúviel, Maedhros, Maeglin, Maglor, Maiar, Manwë, Melkor, Míriel Serindë, Noldor, Original Character(s), Original Female Character(s), Original Male Character(s), Tar-Míriel, Tata, Tatië

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Alternate Universe, Drama, Erotica, General, Het, Horror, Humor, Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Incest, Character Death, Expletive Language, Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Mild), Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 29 Word Count: 29, 138
Posted on 2 February 2013 Updated on 22 June 2016

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Summary: Listen to your mother

Triggerwarning: Murder

Summary: Miriel had a sister, one who would kill for her.

Summary: conversation.

Written on the night of the Armageddon that wasn't.

Trigger warning: Murder/Death

Summary: Feanor and the Living Silmaril

(to be considered AU I suppose, from my other living Silmaril stuff. An AU of an AU. AUception.)

Trigger warnings for almost cannibalism? 

Summary: D’râk’târî they call her; the Queen of Wolves.

Summary: To assume makes an Ass out of U and Me.

Is connected to Prompt: Sisterhood

Summary: No means no

Trigger warning: Murder

Summary: Another solution to a very big problem.

Warnings: general darkness. Ties into the back-story/mythology established in Prompt:Meat. Read that before this or you will not understand a thing that is going on.

Summary: D’rak’tari is a grandmother. Knowing this is warning enough.

Warnings: Slash (?) mentions of torture.

Summary: Maeglin, older, wiser and cranky

Warnings: Het porn. Light bondage.

Summary: Haleth has a certain way of styling Caranthir's hair.

Summary: The Living Silmaril gains its body far earlier than expected

(AUception.) 

Warnings: Violence and Death

Prompt: Reign

Summary: The Dark Lord is Dead, Long Live the New Dark Lord.

(Urgh this turned out way to long but I couldn't bring myself to toss is out)

A sequel of sorts to Prompt: Explosion. This wont make sense without that. Though you can skip this one. It's OC centric which I know is not to everyone's cup of tea.

Summary: Celegorm is put in charge of the Living Silmaril

Well the kindly Spiced Wine wanted to see more so I tried to write more and found myself skipping ahead in the list of prompts (something I've managed not to do till now.) Still didn't manage to write Feanor. I find him intimidating. I'm working my way up to him.

A sequel to Prompt: Explosion and Prompt: Care (read in that order.) Will not make sense otherwise. Feel free to skip as OC centric.

Summary: Celegorm realises he cannot protect his charge forever.

Concluding what was started in Prompts Explosion, Care and Protect. Feanor needed his say.

This turned out WAY to long but Feanor is intimidating to write. I'm not sure I like how this turned out but I got some of him right. He is to me, a good father first and foremost, a blinding genius and a bit of a emotionally confused child at heart still second.

He's not entirely good, but he's not entirely bad. He's done selfish things and he's done generous things. Ok enough talking.

A question asked elsewhere that I'll also clear up here, I see Mire/Erevir (later sindarin name) physically as being the gangly equivalent of a 14 - 16 year old but on the verge of a long growth spurt that will take their physical age into the mid twenties and freeze it there. I suppose going by the 50 year of age mark most people accept for elves, 40ish.

Summary: Feanor and his living silmaril. 

I swear this one is pure crack. 

Warnings for: silly slash and rare pairings galore. Swapping back and forth between sindarin names and quenya names because the newly arrived host of Nolofinwe don't know sindarin yet. Meanwhile sindar is the lingua franca for trading in the silvan and avar groups so the Feanarion's know it.

And Mire hops pronouns.

Lets play: how many rare and weird pairings can I shove in here.

There is some minor smut.

So, FINALLY concluding what was started in Prompt: Explosion, and carried on for far too long in Prompts: Care, Protect and Decision.

Happy endings for everyone? (no this is the Finweans. They don't do happy.)

Summary: the host of Nolofinwe arrives. And then there is nonsense.

Warnings: Character death

Summary: She is dead. Three words. Nothing changes. Two words.

Barely scrapes the Silmarillion line. Return of OCs but ah, I love her.

Summary: Balin talks to a little acknowledged figure in history

Warnings: OC centric, Balin and OC talking

Warnings: transgenderphobic comments, sexism, spousal abuse implied.

Also Curufin being Curufin. 

Written with the best of my skills and ability, not offence or insult mean

Summary: There are seven princes in the House of Feanaro. There never was a princess.

 

Summary: In Mandos, being offered rebirth and his kingship returned, Finwë instead appoints a surprising regent.

 

Summary: The light has left my eyes and all that is left is ashes upon your tongue. Finrod’s actions, well justified, will haunt him forever.

Warnings: Gore, horror, character death.

Warnings: Disturbing imagery, and Body Horror. Cannot emphasise the Body Horror enough.

Summary: As the interest in the Silmarilli grows, Fëanáro takes a drastic step to hide them from the Valar whose interest disturbs him the most.

Summary: For there must be a reason for the suffering, even in Cuivienen they wonder why.

Warnings: Pagan Elves, thoughts about cannabalism (blink and you’ll miss it), starvation, death

I believe someone once, a long time ago, prompted me a Modern Feanor and Fingolfin with pizza but I lost the prompt and this took a life of its own so it falls in the AU Drabbles.

Summary: It’s an overwhelming life but they’ve made it this far.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


After seeing Cait's fanart of this on tumblr, I had to read the drabble with no delay, and - yes. I love dark AUs and the idea of Maedhros striking back (only to fall just as far!) is amazing. Your writing style contributes so much to it, too, and altogether, to use tumblr lingo, "I can't."

Now to read the rest of these drabbles. :D

(Cait's fanart was amazing, I screamed outloud whent I saw it) Oh gosh thank you very much :D Maedhros' here is simply shattered, far more than in canon

None of the rest are all that great, I'm taking what first comes to mind and chucking it at a page in order to complete the list. But thank you and do tell me what you think.