The Last Whose Realm Was Fair and Free by Dwimordene

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Gil-galad was an Elven King. We all know what this means, right?

Political economy does Second Age Elven (and other) kingdoms. Features Gil-galad, Galadriel, Celeborn, Celebrimbor, and Aldarion, primarily. Gives the other side, in a way, of Atalantë.

Major Characters: Celeborn, Celebrimbor, Círdan, Gil-galad, Tar-Aldarion

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 067
Posted on 30 May 2013 Updated on 30 May 2013

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This was fascinating. Certainly a more morally ambiguous depiction of Gil-galad than I usually see! I like it, though. Seeing Ereinion play the "chessmaster," measuring his opponents and alies and always thinking several steps ahead...I think it suits him, much more than the more passive versions I've seen before. I like your "motivated rebel with a cause" version of Celebrimbor, too. 

The way everything ties together in the end was nicely done, and how Ereinion remains determined and practical throughout. I mentioned liking Ereinion playing the chessmaster, but I should also compliment you on thinking of all those different angles and how they play off each other and fit together; very impressive!

Great story! Definitely one of the more interesting Gil-galad pieces I've seen, I think.