A Woodcarver from Brithombar by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This drabble sequence essentially consists of a series of gapfillers for my story The West Wind Quartet. However, I believe I have managed to write it in such a fashion that it can be read with some interest both by readers who have read the longer story and by those who have not.

Whereas the longer story is told entirely from the POV of my OFC, the Sindarin musician Emlinn, this sequence is told from the POV of her husband Oderen.

Warnings for canon-typical violence and reference to character death.

[OMC/OFC]

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Oderen, a traveling woodcarver, one of Cirdan's people, and Emlinn, his musician wife, happen to arrive in Maglor's Gap just a short time before the outbreak of the Battle of Sudden Flame. Maglor encounters Emlinn and takes her on as his student.

Major Characters: Maglor, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet, General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Mild), Violence (Mild)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 831
Posted on 27 October 2013 Updated on 27 October 2013

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Written for the Woodwork challenge at Tolkien Weekly.

Prompts: Peg, Drill, Sand, Polish, Level, Ruler

 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.