Artanis to Alatiriel: Earweniel's Homecoming by Kaylee Arafinwiel

| | |

Fanwork Notes

So far consists of two chapters:

Itarilde and 'Tani: Princesses Reunited

At The Leaping Dolphin

OCs are most generally Fiondil's in origin.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Written for B2MEM 2017 and the March Strength and Beauty challenge: loosely linked tales of Galadriel's welcome in Alqualonde at the end of the Third Age.

Idril remembers, as she walks on the shore of Alqualonde.

Some time after Idril greeted Galadriel at the quay (see "Itarilde and Tani"), they, Elwing, and Nimloth get together for a good catch-up. They don't intend to run into Galadriel's uncles (and aunt) at the tavern...Lindar s the term the Teleri use for themselves.

Major Characters: Elwing, Eärendil, Galadriel, Gimli, Idril, Nimloth, Tuor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: B2MeM 2017, Strength and Beauty

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 1, 814
Posted on 25 March 2017 Updated on 25 March 2017

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Inspired by Fiondil’s “Nightfall in Aman”, this is a reworking of my own “Silence Falls” written for B2MEM previously, and includes it (the first half, in italics).Also for the Silmarillion Writer's Guild's "Strength and Beauty" challenge. it seems to me these granddaughters (well, great-granddaughter and granddaughter) of Finwe were two of the strongest members of his family. They certainly went through a lot! And, of course, they're beautiful - as are the stars above them.

Any characters you don't recognise are my Atto Fiondil's OCs. (Faniel Finwiel is questionably canon; her marriage to Olwe's son isn't canon so far as I know) I also disclaim the quoted lyrics from "The Hobbit".


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I really enjoyed this bittersweet story.  In it I can sense so many things - the loneliness of missing a loved one, a measure of despair but not too deep, and the sea-longing somehow, even though you didn't mention it - and finally the joy one feels when a long-lost loved one has returned.  I thought this story was very lovely.