Feanor Never Planned to Fall in Love by Erulisse

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Tolkien provided the sand box all I am doing is playing with the bucket and shovel he provided. No profit - intended or not - is made from this work. 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

I made an original artwork from charcoal and pastels for 2014's B2MeM. It was entitled "Feanor Never Planned to Fall in Love". Now, three years later, I have developed the story behind that picture. Here's the full effort - Feanor Never Planned to Fall in Love in illustration and text. 

Major Characters: Fëanor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Romance

Challenges: Strength and Beauty

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 479
Posted on 9 April 2017 Updated on 9 April 2017

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I have a huge soft spot for these two, and I love how you wrote the beginning of their relationship. Very often, it seems to be suggested that Nerdanel should feel so lucky that she was chosen by Feanor (sooo pretty! sooo brilliant! and royalty, too!), so it is very exciting to actually see her depicted as very much his equal in skill and strength and intelligence, and even as his superior in experience and in her position as a master craftswoman. Very nice! And lovely artwork, too. I love how absorbed Nerdanel looks in her craft, and how Feanor is hovering in the background, all awkward fascination!

I love that you did the picture first and then followed up with the story that goes with it! (And that it's Fëanor and Nerdanel... and that Nerdanel is the master when Fëanor is only an apprentice.)