A Dwarf's Memories by LadyBrooke

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Originally posted for the Silmarillion40 event.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

An excerpt from the memoirs of a Dwarf of Belegost, concerning her childhood in Menegroth.

Major Characters: Dwarves, Original Female Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Moderate)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 398
Posted on 12 October 2017 Updated on 12 October 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is unbelievably sad. Of course, we know the story, tragic for both Elves and Dwarves, but there is something particularly moving that your protagonist seemed unemotional. And yet, the last paragraph packs a punch in the gut.

And I thought, all of that grief and death because a bunch of demigods couldn't keep their mouth shut, only they had to demand the Silmarils. They should've known better.

Greatly done!

This was very moving, all the more so because your character is (now) so far removed from it. The individual fates of the "supporting cast" of the Silmarillion can be just as heart-breaking as the big events, and your story illustrates this perfectly.

Oh, ouch. This packed quite a lot into such a short piece. An interesting argument for Thingol to make, that the Silmaril was owed to him for the life of his kin, and one that left him very open to the dwarves' claim of the Nauglamir. And of course, the human fallout...