Destined to be together by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For the Caprice and Chance challenge.

I'm posting early, for reasons.

If you do not wish to be spoiled for the three prompts of the "easy" challenge, please do not look at the end notes.

Not a romance (unless pets count), although of course the title is meant to allude to yet another romance trope.

Warning for reference to animal death and minor violence.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In the Third Age, in a small coastal town of Gondor, a young girl has an encounter at a critical time for her.

A wandering Maglor story featuring an animal rescue.

Major Characters: Maglor, Original Female Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Caprice and Chance

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 291
Posted on 31 May 2019 Updated on 31 May 2019

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you!

I think my protagonist is unlikely to stay entirely out of conflicts with Adho and his cronies in the future, but she's usually a bit more cautious and circumspect than in this story!

I'm really glad her feelings felt real.

This is a companion piece to "Maglor tunes a guitar", another story in which a point-of-view character is helped by Maglor. In that story, the protagonist has even less of a clue who Maglor is. Here, she has at least an inkling!