Healing by Astris

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Requested pairing = Caranthir/Gildor 

Story elements = A non-fluffy love story with a child, a pet, some geese and an enemy force to repel. Have fun with it!

And thank you to Elleth for being a wonderful beta :D

(Warning is for references to violence) ((and yes, it does take me this long to post things elsewhere.))

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Gildor rides out with the others from Nargothrond and is wounded in the Nirnaeth. A certain son of Fëanor finds him.

Written for Keiliss at the My Slashy Valentine exchange 2014.

Major Characters: Caranthir, Gildor, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 7, 223
Posted on 1 March 2014 Updated on 1 March 2014

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you for letting me beta this! I know I already commented over on AO3, but this deserves all the reviews, because the fic is just that good - after all, you got me invested in a ship that had never crossed my mind before. I don't know how precisely you do it, but it definitely is a testament to your writing. :)

(And you should definitely post more of your stories here for more people to see!)

You've made that unlikely pairing work very well!

One of my favourite lines in here is: "I don't know who thought I was a good choice for commander of a refugee group".

Also that how Gildor was found on the battlefield is  a memorable one.

This was lovely! Not a pairing I would have ordinarily chosen to read, but very glad I did. You really got their characters down well, and a sense of the circumstances. Thanks for sharing :)