And Our Vow Remember by Lingwiloke

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Finrod haunts Curufin and Celegorm after his death in Tol-in-Gaurhoth.

Major Characters: Celegorm, Curufin, Finrod Felagund

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Horror

Challenges:

Rating: Creator Chooses Not to Rate

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes, Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 279
Posted on 18 June 2014 Updated on 18 June 2014

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Silmarillion Kinkmeme Fill - Prompt: Finrod haunts Curufin and Celegorm after his death in Tol-in-Gaurhoth. Pairing is optional, but the focus is horror/angst, possibly to the point of eventual madness by the time of the Second Kinslaying.

Written in a flash in the middle of the night, and unbeta'ed. I might come back to edit this later, but well, that's it for now.
Unfortunately, I'm not a native speaker - I apologize in advance for any odd wording or mangled grammar.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Heh, I seem to have a thing for dark ghost stories, both reading and writing them ^-^

I imagine Curufin as pretty much resigned to doom and death and general hopelessness in his life by this point, and whatever the appereance of Finrod's ghost might mean for him just does not frighten him much anymore...

Thank you so much for commenting! :D

This was ... chilling. I like the inclusion of the childhood memory since it is (arguably) a moment of innocence, which contrasts with the rest of this. Also, Finrod letting Dior kill Curufin seemed like just deserts, in a way.

“And you failed too, cousin.”

That line was perfect.

Argh, I'm so sorry it took me ages to respond to this, I keep forgetting to check the e-mail adress I use for this :/

I am so happy you enjoyed this, and extra thrilled you liked the last line, because that's one I'm rather fond of myself, if I may say so :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!