Always There by Writing Gecko

| | |

Fanwork Notes

 

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A young Elladan and Elrohir return from playing by the sea with a strange tale that sends their father on a mad chase.

Major Characters: Celebrían, Círdan, Elladan, Elrohir, Elrond, Glorfindel, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 189
Posted on 22 July 2014 Updated on 22 July 2014

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

I don't own anything, just exploring the awesomeness that is Tolkien!

Ada – Dad

Nana - Mom

Elleth – Female Elfling

This is my first attempt at these characters, so please forgive me if they seem odd.

This was going to be short, but then Elrond took over and moped and did things. And Cirdan butted in.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Well, I've never imagined Maglor to be chubby, but who is to say he wasn't? All I have ever heard about his physical description is that he has dark hair (probably in "The Shibboleth of Feanor"). The only Elf I know of in canon who is described has carrying a bit of excess weight is Salgant of Gondolin, I believe in The Book of Lost Tales II, "The Fall of Gondolin."

I juat picture Maglor as chubby, Maedhros would probably be thinner, more muscular, but also a bit underweight. 

I've only read the trilogy, Hobbit, and Silm. I've never heard of Salgant, I'll have to look into him and see if there's anything said about elvish weight. Thank you for the review and the help!

I think, with regard to his duties, a lot of people have differing opinions of Maglor - some consider him a warrior no less than his brothers (often reasoning that he killed Uldor in the Nirnaeth and that he held the Gap, which was a very vulnerable position), while others have difficulty viewing him like this. 

I don't know if I'm being of any help, but you might find Dawn Felagund's character biography of Maglor quite interesting. :) 

Maglor seems to have done quite a lot of riding at one point--or maybe it's just his people at Maglor's Gap who did it rather than himself. Also, he does seem to go hunting along with his brothers and cousins at least occasionally. But he could still be more sedentary and chubby compared to other elves--after all, this is Elrond thinking about him, not a hobbit like Bilbo.

I like what you did with the bracelet!