and one man, in his time, plays many parts by Duilwen

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Lake Mithrim, in five acts. Maglor-centric.

Major Characters: Amrod, Caranthir, Celegorm, Curufin, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 4 Word Count: 14, 868
Posted on 25 February 2015 Updated on 15 December 2015

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

"Hell is empty, and all the devils are here."

- The Tempest


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


There are lots of things to enjoy in your story but the one I liked best is the way you fill with life and detail and personality a period that in the published Silm is covered in one? paragraph. Maglor's personality is so rich as hapless king, tentative leader, grieving brother and son and finally Singer (I loved him at the drums - this isn't a time for harps!). Also the other brothers: Celegorm, and Huan , Curufin's reckless inventiveness, Caranthir and his surveys, Amrod who's so often overlooked.

I liked very much the way you describe the consequences on the land and the people of living under the stars and how that will change in the Moonlight.

 

 

 

Wow. This has been spectacular and compelling and so very, very convincing. I only now got around to reading this story and couldn't stop. You make the Feanorians utterly believable, and the way in which you're envisioning the hostile surroundings and the hostilities between them are superb. In spite of the grim setting and tone, I would have loved to continue reading. I can't wait for whenever you find the inspiration to continue writing!