Noldolantë by The Wavesinger

| | |

Fanwork Notes

livejournal    


B2MeM Challenge: Write/draw/create another type of fanwork inspired by this song: "The Riddle" from the musical of The Scarlet Pimpernel. (Lyrics in the video.) http://youtu.be/WAXm2FcEUBw --lignota

 

This is what happens when too much studying, exam stress, an entire box of those fancy liquor-filled chocolates, and 3 a.m. in the morning mix. Or, I meant to combine the prompt with another, but this happened.

 

The Doom, and one or two of the lines (Fingon’s prayer to Manwë), are taken from the Silmarillion.

 

AU-ish from my ’verse, but not actually an AU.

 

Warnings—Suicide, suicidal thoughts, major character death, violence, PTSD, post-traumatic schizophrenia (which is not even a thing, as far as I’m aware), projection of post-traumatic schizophrenia, (hopefully) subtle Valar-bashing, tense changes. Also, incorrect use of musical forms, if that bothers anyone except me (the words are rough translations of a completely different Noldorin version?).

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maedhros and Fingon: how they fight, and how they lose.

 

(Finally cross-posting my B2MeM stories)

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Experimental, Slash/Femslash

Challenges: B2MeM 2015

Rating: General

Warnings: Mature Themes, Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 578
Posted on 30 October 2015 Updated on 30 October 2015

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.