Mightiest of the Dragon Horde by Astris

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Prompted by a discussion on dragon anatomy in the SWG discord chat, but somehow manages to avoid explicit discussion of reproductive organs. 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A naturalist of the Noldor makes observations during the War of Wrath. Her companion is unamused. 

Major Characters: Original Female Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 601
Posted on 2 August 2018 Updated on 2 August 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Wow! What I did not think I wanted this until I stumbled upon it--two women scientists studying dragons in Tolkien's world. Of course, now it seems obvious that this ought to have existed.

So many questions! Did you have any ethnicity in mind for them? I want the mad scientist to be a Noldo and the one who places some value on their survuval a Sinda.

I really enjoyed this! I do hope they didn't succeed in getting too close when Ancalagon fell, I'd hate for them to be shattered along with Thangorodrim, although Faelil might enjoy the scientific aspects.

I love that you managed to do this with that thread and that you managed to use my prompt words, too.

I was wondering whether you had decided on their back story--whether they are Feanorians or from Balar and Gil-galad's followers--but I saw your reply to Oshun.