Fair Winds and Following Seas by bunn

| | |

Fanwork Notes

In this story, Finrod is known as Finrod because that is his preference after his time in Middle-earth and his return to life. He has been changed by his experience and prefers his name to reflect that. His father, however, still thinks of himself as Arafinwë, rather than the name by which he is more widely known, Finarfin.

Inspired by Arafinwean Week on Tumblr.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The Noldor host of Aman is preparing for the War of Wrath. The High King's only living son and his wife are neither of them very happy about the situation.

Major Characters: Edrahil, Eärwen, Finarfin, Finrod Felagund

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Family

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 4 Word Count: 6, 163
Posted on 5 January 2020 Updated on 5 January 2020

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


After reading Letters Home from War I was so curious to see if you wrote more around the War of Wrath. I had planned to read everything at first and review it as a whole... but the vibe I got from this chapter alone... as you describe it in the chapter end notes as exactly what I got. D-day, but then Tolkien style. Also to read how relationships were mended, the fear of loosing again. So well captured, and on I click on next. :)

Oh wow, this was such a treat to read. I love to read about the women being [ortrayed as such capable leaders & warriors. From captai  Earwen, to Amarie spear wielding or Ainaire to settle a big grudge. Oh and the mentioning of Andreth, that made me so happy. And Edrahil, I love how you gave a name such a personality. From bringing wine,  to asking that question and eagerly reading along to see what more Galadriel has to tell them. And the worldbuilding, People of the Hazel, so marvelously done.

 

But oh this: Though the notion of Thingol and Galadriel squaring off for their different notions of family honour is a truly marvellous image in its own way.”


I would so want to be the fly on the wall for that debate. And the many other plotbunnies that popped up after reading this. Thank you so much for posting this story at the SWG. It is such a gem!