Young Bucks of Cuiviénen by heget

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Side Stories from Of Ingwë Ingwerion - anything that did not fit into the main tale but worked as supplemential material. More world-building and character studies or a switch in point of view or timeline. Most are set during the period between the Awakening of the Elves and the Great Journey. 

Major Characters: Elu Thingol, Finwë, Imin, Iminyë, Indis, Ingwë, Lalwen, Original Character(s), Rúmil (Valinor)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Family, General, Romance

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 8 Word Count: 4, 977
Posted on 4 November 2015 Updated on 24 October 2020

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Indis and her parents and their legacy.

Explanation for oswarë and a glimpse into the psychological issues of the Unbegotten and the minds of Imin and Iminyë.

The story of the first meeting of Elwë and Finwë.

The other follow-up to Dreadful Wind/Rushing Wind.

Wind's Reunion.

Ravennë and her sister-in-law during the Great March

So, ah, sheepish confession. I wrote this before "Of Ingwë Ingweron" and refrained from posting it as it's technically spoilers for it (which is a silly objection that hasn't stopped any of my other postings). But here is The Duel from Imin's perspective. When I get to the event in the main story, the majority of the focus will be on Ingwë.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I wrote the death of Elwë's parents, then went back to write them with their sons and felt bad about myself because I do like them, even if I still haven't names for them.

Finwë. Sigh, ah Finwë. He's so desperate for a big family and makes basic parenting mistakes; it's so easy to see him as this orphan seeking the family and stability, needing love, attention, and validation from others and then passing down that trait along with his charisma. Someone had to be the extroverted chatterbox of the trio for constrast of personality, and it certainly wasn't going to be my Ingwë. Elwë is such an eldest sibling, and this Finwë is adorable.