though it may look (write it) like disaster by simaetha

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Mirrored from ao3. Idea gratefully taken from @nachfuin on tumblr.

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Some of Elrond's relatives in Valinor are more unexpected than others.

Major Characters: Celebrían, Elrond, Elwing, Melian

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 266
Posted on 4 June 2016 Updated on 4 June 2016

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Wow! I loved every second of this! It's got so much inisght into each of the characters, while also being just really fun to read.

I'd never thought about the parallel between Elros and Arwen's choices before, and how that might be something Elrond and his parents can both relate to...and Melian, too.

I love how apparent Elrond's curiosity is, and how strong and well-adjusted Celebrian is, and how fleshed out and believable Elwing and Melian are. I especially love the ending, and how playful it feels. Especially for Elwing, that's not something I've seen much of, so it was a delight to read.

Great story!!

Thank you! :D Elrond's family are all such interesting people (and this didn't even feature his dad the star) - I loved drawing out some of the parallels between them, Tolkien has such a way of dropping in these scenarios that become fascinating once you think about all the people involved.