Spirit of Fire by Lotrfan

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I have based the timeline more on the information in 'The Shibboleth of Fëanor' rather than the published Silmarillion, as I prefer to imagine he had some time with Miriel before her death, which is why he was so affected by it and by Finwë's subsequent marriage to Indis. I also think it gives his mother time to realize more about his character, so that she aptly names him the "Spirit of Fire." Miriel is described as dark eyed and silver haired, which was unusual for a Noldo. I have retained that appearance here.

thanks to nyx thranduillon and Cheekybeak for their encouragement to try this character.

Please look at this lovely artwork of Fëanor by Irsanna--I think it complete captures Fëanor and his feelings for Miriel. She has given permission for me to link it to this story.

http://irsanna.deviantart.com/art/Feanor-Birthday-636639684

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Author note: I recently did a series of 100-word drabbles about Maedhros (No Flame Burns Forever). It was a good exercise so I thought I would try a similar idea with Fëanor as the central character. I have been reluctant to utilize him as a character in my works, as I am somewhat intimidated when I think about writing him. These short glimpses into his life gave me a better sense of how I think of him in my head canon and made me more comfortable with his character in general. So here is a series of 100-word (occasionally more than 100 words!) drabbles from the point of view of Fëanor. 

 

Major Characters: Fëanor, Finarfin, Fingolfin, Finwë, Maedhros, Maglor, Mahtan, Míriel Serindë, Nerdanel, Sons of Fëanor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 85 Word Count: 221, 122
Posted on 30 September 2016 Updated on 27 January 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


"He has embraced Nolofinwë, for perhaps the first time since his half-brother was a child, when the light falters and all swiftly grows dark. He steps back, his hand gripping Nolofinwë's as the unnatural darkness spreads and a cold dread comes over him. Nolofinwë squeezes his hand as voices around them rise in horror. The Trees are dead. The brothers exchange a look, hands still clasped, and move closer together in the spreading gloom." (ch 54)

This is such a poignant moment: the connection. Feanor recalling the brief times when he has almost become closer to his brother. The shared loss of Finwe they don't know about yet...