The Battles We Choose by Hoglorfen

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Even at the best of times, life in the Black Land is a struggle. Its denizens seem to be their own worst enemies and things are rarely as they first seem. A certain Orc finds that out the hard way. Sequel to "Wolves And Shattered Shields".

Major Characters: Elves, Men, Nazgûl, Noldor, Númenóreans, Orcs, Original Character(s), Original Female Character(s), Original Male Character(s), Sauron

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Erotica, Romance

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Rape/Nonconsensual Sex, Torture, Character Death, Expletive Language, Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Graphic), Violence (Graphic)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 6 Word Count: 17, 672
Posted on 15 January 2017 Updated on 16 January 2017

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I happened across this story and wanted to say how blown away I was with it. Spectacular job! Your story hooked me in from the very beginning. I love how well you were able to flesh out new OCs and make them fit so well into the story, and make the reader really care about them. It's pretty rare to find fics that explore life within Mordor and provide a perspective from orcs and uruks. Thanks for sharing this.

Thank you so much for the review, I'm glad you liked it! I've tried hard not to lose or tone down what makes Tolkien's orcs what they are, tried to keep them just as selfish and cruel as they're portrayed in canon but added more depth. They're not irredeemable, but the question hangs in the air; do they want to be redeemed?

To be honest I had forgotten that I had posted this story here. It has grown a LOT since this was posted and is still being updated regularly over at AO3.