This Time It's Different by Nixie Genesis

| | |

Fanwork Notes

“...he came striding back, Lord of Utumno, a black shape of hate, visiting the places of his humiliation with revenge.” - HoME, The Darkening of Valinor.

For the Silmarillion 40 prompt- “Melkor and Ungoliant, Professional Party Crashers, and the Darkening of Valinor”

Fic title from “This Time it’s Different” by Evan’s Blue which is in my “Melkor” playlist. The line “I know I said, I hope I don’t upset the light you defend, but this time it’s different,” kind of seemed to go with the fic.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Melkor meets Ungoliant within her lair in order to fulfill his plan. They both converge on Aman and Melkor takes his revenge.

Major Characters: Melkor, Ungoliant

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges:

Rating: Creator Chooses Not to Rate

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 5, 029
Posted on 24 September 2017 Updated on 24 September 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


*wailing like a kid* 

ooooh, if only... if only he'd listened to the last flickering light in him... if only the spirits of the Valar in their thrones had sounded the alarm, if only Ungoliant hadnt been still there, a black hole in the heart of Valinor... aargh...

yeah, so nicely written i got all worked up about it ! i bow to your poesy...

Some fantastic insights into Melkor's inner life here - the anger and hatred, but also the vestiges of light that occasionally flare up! I love that part of him actually enjoyed living among the Eldar, and that he had to justify his plan to himself. The scene in the Máhanaxar was especially poignant. Excellent work!