Leviathan by Fernstrike

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Originally posted as part of the Silmarillion40 event.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Númenor is sick. A lord out of the east comes bearing a cure - a leviathan that is also an ouroboros.

Major Characters: Amandil, Ar-Pharazôn, Sauron

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges:

Rating: Creator Chooses Not to Rate

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 857
Posted on 21 October 2017 Updated on 21 October 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


fabulous ! what an insidious monster you portray, the shadowy cobra-hood and the delicate eyebrows... so many questions raised; for me, being thought-provoking is just about the best thing in a story, nice one ! 

really, all that animal stuff, it works really well, but animals arent evil... i suppose its seeing the animal where there ought to be the 'rational' person... the civilized person. 

did the Elves rebel because they felt the reality of the end of Arda when the Trees fell ? 'rage, rage, against the dying of the light ' ? the ultimate bucket list... 

sorry. your writing was both smooth and gripping, and your story was convincing and intriguing, it must have been just like that, kelp mosaics and all. you should be proud. :)

Dramatic encounters, before the council and even more so when he speaks to Sauron alone! And what a last line you give Amandil!

I felt for Amandil and his vision of the true Numenor, which he now seeks outside the seats of power, while fearing it may be a thing of the past, even there.

Beautiful language! Really gives a chilling and creepy pictures of those days. Suspenseful also. I really love these lines:

The Zigûr lifted a brow, and his delicate mouth turned down, and in his golden eyes was primordial fury. “You shall see your downfall soon enough, elf-friend. Very well. Though I pledge myself to the Darkness, ordered perfection is my lord, and chaos is the sword with which I wage my crusade. None shall be spared.”