archaic and content

Series compiled by Fernstrike

| | |

A note on series: over the time I’ve been writing, my perceptions of some of my favourite characters have changed since the first time I wrote them. While leaving all my stories up for posterity, only the stories catalogued within a series (like this one) should be considered part of Middle-earth-According-to-Fern. All other stories are standalones, and “AU” to my personal canon, if they can be referred to as such.

Series Information

Summary:

A collection of stories concerning the Númenoreans, primarily the Faithful and Elf-friends. Some are standalones, while others crossover with larger fics and other series. Think of it as the Númenorean corner of Fern's Middle-earth Cinematic Universe.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Genre:

Challenges:


Fanworks in "archaic and content"

This is a Writing fanwork

the three laws (or, a means to an end) by Fernstrike, Lyra

Warnings: No warnings apply

In which a certain silver-tongued prisoner worms his way into Ar-Pharazôn's mind.

This is a Writing fanwork

memento mori by Fernstrike

Warnings: No warnings apply

In which the winds of change are sweeping through Númenor, and Míriel does her best to stand steady in the storm.

This is a Writing fanwork

Leviathan by Fernstrike

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Númenor is sick. A lord out of the east comes bearing a cure - a leviathan that is also an ouroboros.

This is a Writing fanwork

silent night by Fernstrike

Warnings: No warnings apply

Elendil and his wife ruminate on the fragile space between what is seen and what is true, as Númenor slips silently into shadow.

This is a Writing fanwork

Faithful by Fernstrike

Warnings: Character Death, Violence (Moderate)

The tenuous relationship between the King and the Elendili is coming to its breaking point. When Isildur steals the fruit of Nimloth, what follows brings the already-heavy boot of tyranny down harder upon the Faithful - especially the gifted healer, Nilûphel.

This is a Writing fanwork

Diplomacy by Fernstrike

Warnings: No warnings apply

Elendur awakes one morning as the Alliance prepares to march for Mordor.

 

This is a Writing fanwork

letters from the front by Fernstrike

Warnings: No warnings apply

Isildur contemplates what to to tell his wife as he writes home from the siege of Barad-dûr.