The Very Lands by Tyelca

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For the Behind the Scenes challenge; I have to admit here I used the Simlfic prompt generator on this site for inspiration. Out came Celeborn as a character, during the time period of Unbodied, Sauron escapes the Downfall of Nûmenor, returning to Mordor

This is also more of a character study than anything else; I enjoyed writing Celeborn, since he's a character that doesn't get that much screentime in Tolkien's novels and was therefore open to interpretation.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The Drowning of Nûmenor is felt all over Middle-Earth.

Major Characters: Celeborn, Elves, Galadriel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Romance

Challenges: Behind the Scenes

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 968
Posted on 9 November 2017 Updated on 9 November 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Aww, this was both upsetting and heartwarming. Celeborn's worry was so convincing, and I loved the detail about the young hunter giving away their position and his tender age with his shout. The ending showed how much Celeborn and Galadril give each other strength - very nice.

I hadn't previously thought of the earthquakes reaching so far inland as Lothlorien, but of course they well could have!

I was distressed with Celeborn at the fall of the trees and much relieved when they met up with Galadriel and the rest at the end.

I enjoyed this! As the others I had not thought about how that event would be felt all over the world, but this was a great way of telling that story. And thank you for shining a light on Celeborn - I really like him as well, and always enjoy finding stories about him.