Intermezzo by Grundy

Fanwork Information

Summary:

It's not easy to know that great events are afoot but be unable to take part in them. It's not easy being left behind.

Major Characters: Findis, Finrod Felagund

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Behind the Scenes

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 988
Posted on 9 November 2017 Updated on 9 November 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I love the voice of your Findis, setting Finrod straight and tearing him from his moping... though I also liked your Finrod. It must be hard indeed to be far away and still feel responsible for the events in Middle-earth. Good thing he has a job that'll keep his mind off the battle...

Thank you! My Findis is a practical, do what needs to be done type, so of course she's going to give her nephew something to think about besides what his parents, sister, and any suriving friends/followers are doing in the War. And Finrod really needs something to keep his mind off of things, seeing as there's really nothing he can do to help them.

Thanks! The more I thought about it, the more it seemed like Findis would want to stick Arafinwë with being king as soon as possible, but she knew it wouldn't work until he'd done something to establish himself as someone the majority of the Noldor would follow, especially those who had been left in Tirion. So off to the War of Wrath he goes, and Finrod gets to take his father's place as Findis' deputy for the duration.

The Sindar, for example, hold that the Noldor returned because they needed room to quarrel in.

That is a fantastic encapsulization of the Sindarin opinion of the Noldor!  (And it made me laugh.)

I enjoyed the reality check Findis is giving Finrod here.