Broken faith by Harnatano - Lithenna

Fanwork Information

Summary:

When Curufin remembers his wife.

Major Characters: Curufin

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 638
Posted on 19 November 2017 Updated on 19 November 2017

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


It is so lovely to finally meet another writer who loves Curufin. 

I really like how complex Curufin is. Such a great character to explore.

This was a wonderful exploration of Curufin's feelings about his wife, her choice not to follow him into exile and what marriage means to him.

I find it rather sad that she chose to stay behind, because I think with her support Curufin may not have become the person he became before he died. She may not have been able to do much about the oath, but things may have been quite different had she gone with him and her son.

Isn't that what marriage is all about? Through the good and bad times you stand by your partner, in support. No wonder he has lost trust in women.

Thank you for sharing.

 

Thank you very much for your kind review :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!

According to my understanding of Curufin (who is indeed a very complex character), I believe that her following him into exile would not have prevented him from becoming who he became. Indeed, things would have been different, but the oath would have been there nonetheless, and I think Curufin wouldn't have suffered any influence or impedement in his choices. After all, it is said about Fëanor that even Nerdanel couldn't hold him back in the end, and Curvo's "decline", I believe, went much further than his father's (and well, his relationship with his wife was not that of Fëanor with Nerdanel). Unfortunately I tend to think that, in any case, there would have been a separation (as there was with Celebrimbor)

Also, these are questions of interpretation and characterization and I cannot claim my point of view to be "the one" ;)