Beneath Starlight Singing by Laura Elizabeth

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This is told from Luthien's perspective.
She is really an awesome character and I hope I've done her justice here.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Luthien meets Beren. One shot. Companion piece to Mountains Cold, Shadows Shimmering.

Major Characters: Lúthien Tinúviel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Romance

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 308
Posted on 5 April 2018 Updated on 5 April 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is amazing! I have actually never been as taken in by this story as I believe that the author intended I should have been. But you have gone a long way in these two companion short stories to make me want to buy your version.

One is very aware that Luthien is beyond the ordinary Elven woman, but you give a backstory and purpose to her (and that dancing in the woods!). I loved this.

My mother gave me this charge long ago, to dance, to sing, to make and maintain the beauty which she bestowed on this forest when she first came.

Actually, I come from a family which has two dancers in it--my sis-in-law and my daughter--and one thing I learned from them is that great dancing always has a purpose--to be compelling it has to go beyond hopping around in time with the music! I love the idea that she is maintaining her mother's magic. 

Love the way she reads Beren and is drawn into the depth of him and her compassion will not allow her to turn away. I think it is not just his suffering that draws her to him, but his courage in the face of it.