All That We're Fighting For by Zdenka

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Back to Middle-earth Month 2018 for the Musical Terms Bingo Card, for the square ostinato: Obstinate, persistent (i.e. a short musical pattern that is repeated throughout an entire composition or portion of a composition).

Feredwen is a recurring OC of mine, a follower of the Sons of Fëanor. I’m using ostinato in both senses here, as a repeated pattern and for her stubbornness.

The title is from "Paradise (What About Us?)" by Within Temptation, which is one of the songs I associate with the Noldor in Middle-earth.

Warning for referenced character death.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Feredwen copes badly with the aftermath of the Third Kinslaying and sees the new star rise for the first time. (With cameos by Maedhros, Maglor, and a Silmaril.)

Major Characters: Original Female Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: B2MeM 2018

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 447
Posted on 5 May 2018 Updated on 5 May 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Yeah, this is one of her lowest points. :( Thanks, I'm glad you still like Feredwen! And I'm glad you like the flashback.

She would also be glad if there were orders! But I think even Feredwen has to acknowledge on some level that orders involving a star in the sky are not going to be very useful (and maybe, though she wouldn't admit it, that orders involving the Silmarils haven't been a good thing either). Thank you for commenting on this!