Only Teardrops by Raiyana

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Inspired by Only Teardrops by Emmelie de Forest for the June 2018 Competition Challenge.

Watch the song on youtube


This story is connected to my other fic A Walk down Memory Lane.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The Host of the Valar is almost ready to leave Aman... including someone unexpected.

Major Characters: Nerdanel, Original Female Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Competition

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 825
Posted on 5 June 2018 Updated on 5 June 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I have little to say except that I absolutely loved this. The people left behind, whether by choice or not, had to deal with everything that happened in their own way, and I cannot imagine it was pretty or peaceful. Your Nerdanel is an absolute delight; I completely believed her and her sentiment, and Nyarnien is amazing as well. Well done!

My Nerdanel is very much influenced by the fic bunn wrote for me about Nerdanel's doings during the First Age in Aman, https://archiveofourown.org/works/13803273 - I like to think she did not simply give up on her sons, no matter how much she disagreed with their actions (Words would be had when they meet again... Words.)

Curufin's wife(of mixed-Telerin heritage, to boot) was meant to remain behind with tiny Celebrimbor (I've got him as human equivalent of 4-5 years old at the time of Alqualondë), but was killed during the First Kinslaying but that's a fic I haven't written all of yet; up to and including Alqualondë is meant to cap off Memory Lane ;)