Both Alike In Dignity by Grundy

| | |

Fanwork Notes

My prompt for the challenge was Firelight: Coming Home (video| lyrics

I admit I ignored the video and paid more attention to the lyrics.  

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Great minds think alike in Second Age Eregion.

Major Characters: Celebrimbor, Narvi

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Competition

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 701
Posted on 10 June 2018 Updated on 10 June 2018

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

The ornaments in question are modelled on the ones seen in this Tumblr post.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Yes, I could well imagine what it would be like in a room filled with Elven and Dwarven smiths.The tension would be
a living thing.

I like your idea of not only growing sheets of gem and turning them into ornaments, which by the way are quite stunning, but employing electrum, [which I had to look up, to understand what it was.]as a decorative border.

I'm still quite in awe of what nature affords us.

Thank you for sharing.

I don't know why the Elves are looking so snippy, either! I wouldn't mind having several hair ornaments in that style, with different flowers for different outfits. Two at once seems perfect! But Celebrimbor's solution is also perfect. I really love the friendship and the appreciation between Celebrimbor and Narvi as you depict them!

Thanks! Two ornaments at once might have worked if elves weren't such fashionistas and the ornaments in question weren't so drastically different in color and style of flower. So little Celebrian gets to have a gift too, and Celebrimbor and Narvi can placate their overcompetitive underlings, who are taking the entire thing far more seriously...

I bet Galadriel loved the ornaments, and so did Celebrian. Glad she ended up getting one, too.

Yes, what better proof that Celebrimbor and Narvi think alike than their coming up with similar things to make. But I also like it that they aren't the same and Celebrimbor immediately gets fascinated with the details.

They did indeed love them - and Celebrian, being little and cute, turned on the cuteness to turn hers into a matching set at the next holiday that involved gift-giving!

Celebrimbor getting fascinated with the details just seemed like a thing he would do. (I think I'm going to have to write more of these two!)